Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just a catching up!


My kids and a daycare kids were playing outside and I couldn't find Ty, so after much freaking out because he wasn't outside anywhere I came inside to find him playing quietly by himself in the living room. He loves to scream and yell and be crazy with the other kids but he obviously needs his quiet time, too.


See we actually use the table, I wasn't so sure about the meal this day though. I had never heard of putting ketchup on mac and cheese but the daycare kids do at home. My kids think they need to put it on everything now, grrr.


I had to take a picture of this, mine are the two on the left. I made popcorn and one of the kids (not mine) asked if my popcorn popper made kettle corn and he said his popcorn popper looked like a box so I pointed at my microwave and asked if he meant that, he said yes. Sooo funny! I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday and while mixing them they all pulled their chairs up to the island again to watch. I am reminded daily of all the ways we can help them learn, even by having them count how many cups or how many cookies I made or even what the ingredients are. I'm hoping to raise my boys soo they know how to cook just like their daddy.


I feel like if I don't blog I get bogged down with pictures and then need to do a misc. blog. Part of my trying to keep myself organized is too not let stuff pile up. Anyhow, I took a few pictures over Monday and Tuesday and wanted to share because it's so cute. Besides I know a few people who enjoy seeing and hearing about our daily lives, no matter how monotonous it seems to me.

4 comments:

Adam Spratt said...

Don't let people question your sanity for having 4 kids. I grew up (and still am) one of four children. I look at those around me that grew up as only children as missing something in life. I wouldn't trade the fights, the quarrels, the laughter, or the crying of growing up in a full house for anything in the world. Now removed from the house and many hours and miles from them I miss them more than food or water. They are my life blood and my love. I know that through the fire they have me in their hearts and that will never change as the world around us does. I'm glad people still have bigger families. I thought I was part of a dying breed.

Gullett Circus said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I love my big brood and wouldn't have it any other way

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I LOVE this post!! Ty sounds alot like my Kaleb, he def. needs "his" time/space most days.

I hear you on the ketchup & mac n cheese, one of my friends does that & now sometimes my kids ask for it too, so funny Huh!?

I love that 3rd picture! so cute! kids are little sponges! Keep up the good work Mom!! =)

The Daileys said...

Sshhh... don't tell my kids about ketchup on Mac and Cheese!!! Ew! My sister in law puts it on everything- even ice cream! YUCK. I love catch up posts and there is always room for more kids. We would have had 4 if God would have cooperated... Your 4 are adorable :)