Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Raspberry Tuesday!


We had a raspberry filled day today. I was bad and took my camera when we went picking but left it in the car. My mom, Morgan, Ty, Brock and I picked 15 pounds of raspberries, came home figured out what we needed to make jam and then headed out again to buy supplies. On the advise of my mother in law I bought a jar filler and jar grabbers and then being cheap couldn't stomach buying a brand new deep pot to make the jam in so we headed to goodwill and found a cool enamel one for $6.99 along with a new bread pan for 99 cents and a little rolling pin for the kids for 99 cents. We came home and made four half pints, two pints, and five quarts of raspberry jam which is a huge fete considering neither my mom or I had ever made raspberry jam and canned it before. We had a blast, Morgan measured the sugar and did the thing (squished the berries and held the jar filler thingy.)Those are her words by the way. We made homemade pizza for dinner and then a delicious raspberry cobbler for dessert. I'll include the recipe because it was super simple and delicious.


Raspberry Cobbler
Preheat oven to 375
1 stick butter
1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 c sugar
3 c raspberries
1 c flour
3/4 c milk
Melt butter in 9x13 pan. Mix sugar, flour, milk and baking powder. Pour over butter. Do not mix. Put raspberries over this. Bake at 375 about 30 minutes or until brown on top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all I can say is YUMMY!! thanks for another great recipe, I am trying that one this weekend!