Friday, July 25, 2008

Cute pictures and recipe!



I don't have much to add today except that Don and Cale are finally going to be home tonight! YEAH! I missed them so much this week, my little helper was gone during all my work days, he loves to do anything in the kitchen or around the house to help me. He asked that we not go blueberry picking until he got home so he wouldn't miss out on that or the canning process. I got a cute picture of my mom and Morgan reading and Ty being lazy. I am including a recipe for Blueberry Zucchini Bread, I made two large loaves with it and also used frozen berries. I am so tired of the Betty Crocker recipes so I'm trying new things from different places. We went and bought 25 pounds of sugar today and last week bought 50 pounds of flour so I'll be doing a lot of testing and then sharing on here if they turn out alright.



Blueberry Zucchini Bread


3 eggs, lightly beaten

1 cup oil

3 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 1/4 C white sugar

2 cups shredded zucchini

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 tablespoon cinnamon

1 pint blueberries (2 cups)


Preheat over to 350, lightly grease 4 mini loaf pans (I used two big ones). In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to loaf pans. Baking 50 minutes for mini loaf pans. I baked the big ones for 1 hour 10 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool twenty minutes in pan then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.

No comments: