We had quite a big event happen last night around dinner time. Looking out the back window of our house we could see flames shooting up out of a house behind us and across the street. I called 911 and was the second one to call. It took a little bit for the firefighters to get there but man what a blaze. It started between two houses and caused a total of $115,000 in damage. They weren't able to get the natural gas lines turned off right away and let me tell you the noise was not one I want to hear again. It sounded like the fire was sucking the life out of the air, scary. The kids stayed inside, I went out and set the water in our garden, there were few burning embers that were flying around, and man was it hard to breath. I took a few pictures of our yard and of the ladder from the firetruck. I wasn't sure if I wanted to blog about it but it has really affected the kids, we are talking a lot about a escape plan if something happened at our house and I went and bought energizer batteries for our smoke detectors this morning. We have been told by a firefighter that duracells aren't as safe, in fact we had one basically blow up inside one of our detectors and we didn't know which meant in that room it was covering it wouldn't have worked. Makes me wonder if switching the batteries out twice a year is really enough.