Monday, July 28, 2008

The Domestic Goddess' strikes again!


My mom and I were busy again today with our canning abilities. The kids, my mom and I all headed out to a blueberry field today in town called Fitchett's which I would highly recommend by the way and picked 18 pounds of blueberries. The place was grassy, clean, and shady for part of our time there. Don has been asking me to can some blueberries and other berries so he can make syrup with them on the weekends for pancakes and waffles. We will be picking some more berries (blackberry, marionberry, and boysenberry) soon. I plan on making more jam and of course canning the rest. We went to Goodwill again and bought some canning jars and I realized I had some lids my mom bought me a few years ago that fit perfectly, they're christmas but who cares, they do the job right? So 17 pints later I think I'm blueberried out for this week at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried leaving a comment earlier, but my computer froze, so I am trying this again ;)

your so cute! I love the title on this post! Wow you sure have been busy girl! I dont know how you do it!! what a great wife & Mom you are!!