Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Trip to the zoo

The kids and I went up to the zoo in Portland with our friend Charity and her daughters Tuesday. We had a great time, it was supposed to rain the whole time but luckily held off doing that until it was time for us to go home. We drove up and hung out at their house for a little bit before we headed to the max which took us the rest of the way. I realized while dealing with for me seemed like large amounts of people in a small fast moving train car that I am so not a big city girl. I felt like a nervous wreck the whole time we were on the train. They are doing construction on part of the train line so part way through we had to switch to a bus and then back to the train, STRESS! One of my big fears is that someone is going to take one of the kids and I felt like that was magnified in those huge crowds. So this girl in me who claims she's a big city girl suddenly became a mid-sized city girl haha. My kids did so well listening during all this which really helped my nerves. The highlights of the trip there and back were first when some weird guy starts talking about being on methadone and not to take heroin and then touched Brock, yes I said touched him, was trying to hold his hand until I told him it was enough and then I major MAJOR disinfected my small boy. Then on the way home the bus driver made me take Brock out of the stroller even though he was sleeping Charity had a few words to say to the bus driver about that, not bad ones by the way she was just being my friend defending me. By the way thanks for doing that Charity!!! Okay enough ranting, complaining, etc. The zoo was fun the kids loved to see all the new animals, I wish we lived closer to be able to go more often but alas I'm a mid sized city girl now, would not want to live in Portland! Cale got some great pictures which I put in the marathon length slide show below.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am back home now & just getting the chance to read this... sounds like the traveling parts were quite interesting! LOL! I dont think I would have handeled it as well ;) I am soooo small town! ;) LOL glad you made it home safely!