Friday, August 8, 2008

Our trip to the Lake






Our friend Hayden in the mud

He was such a mess


We went with a couple of my friends and their kids to the lake for a few hours today. It was fun for the kids. It was our first outing to a lake and let me tell you I had anxiety all night last night, my kids don't know how to swim so the idea of going somewhere with water without Don to help was not a good one for me. The water was really low so the places available for the kids to splash around were muddy, so muddy that for a few minutes Cale actually lost one of his crocs in it. They had fun, I was stressed but it was fun to have some adult conversation, it hasn't happened much this week without my mom being here and Don gone I've missed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures! glad you got some adult conversation! Our kids have only taken one swimming lesson each, so they cant swim either so I get a little nervous too, so I can understand where your coming from ;)

The Daileys said...

Looks pretty muddy... but the more mud, the better with my boys, so I am sure your kids enjoyed themselves! When does Don come home??? I can imagine you would be pretty lonley after having your mom there and now not! Hang in there :)