Saturday, August 9, 2008

I've been published

I thought I would share my little bit of fame for everyone. Don came home finally yesterday after being gone for two weeks. Cale and I were the only ones who knew so the other three were so shocked to see him when he walked in the door. Brock looked at him for a few seconds, pointed at him, and then got this huge smile on his face, and went running. Morgan and Ty were both outside when he got here and came to tattle on each other I'm sure and there was Daddy, there was a lot of screaming and hugging going on, I wish I had my camera at that moment, but I'll admit I got caught up in the whole thing too. Anyhow, this past Sunday I was reading the letters to the editor in our local paper and someone wrote a letter saying they thought we should starting shipping all our products on the trains, and that truck drivers are causing the roads to be unsafe, blah blah blah. I was so annoyed by the whole thing that I wrote a letter myself. I wasn't sure about showing it to Don thought I might embarass him but he said it was a good letter. I had it waiting on the counter for him when he got home.

2 comments:

The Daileys said...

Way to go, Heather! Way to stand up for your hubby and speak some sense into those impatient drivers out there! I am glad your trucker is home :)

kimi said...

YEAH FOR TRUCKERS! My uncle and grandfather both own/owned their own trucking companies and drove too and they are/were WONDERFUL men who cared about others on the road and the people they were working for. I remember breaking down on I-90 one time, calling my grand dad and a fellow trucker buddy of his was there within 10 minutes to help me with my rig. it's one big family!