Friday, March 20, 2009

Book recommendation

I was recommended a book a few weeks ago by a friend and I am trying to recommend it to everyone I know. Blue like Jazz by Donald Miller it's about nonreligious thoughts on Christian spirituality. There haven't been many books in my past that changed my way of thinking but this was one of them for sure. One of the biggest things I took away from the book was how selfish I am, I don't want to admit it but also know that revealing myself to others shows my own humanity which in turns helps others feel like I am a real person instead of this got it all together person I try and portray. I also use love as the author calls it as a commodity it is not something that I give freely as God gives it to me, since I'm supposed to live my life trying to be like Christ that is something about myself I must change. I know not everyone will agree with some of the things Miller says it definetly will give you something to think about it is a very convicting but encouraging book at the same time. Thanks for listening to my ramblings, forgive me of my selfishness if it has affected you and know that you are loved!

No comments: