Friday, May 1, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Kitchen Edition

Kelly at Kelly's Korner, one of my favorite blogs by the way, is wanting to see where we live and I thought it was a fun idea so I'm participating. Many of you have already seen my kitchen but since it's clean and still organized I'll show off. My kitchen isn't as fancy as a lot of others but it is comfortable and works for all of us. We love the icy blue color on the walls which seems to go with everything. Any kitchen that inspires me to bake is good in my book!





My counters are still clear, I've now realized that having anything on the counters drives me crazy.

I love my kitchen pantry next to the microwave all my baking items are in there along with my purse, chore box, and, misc. other things that should be hidden =)

The view looking from the kitchen into the dining room. I love that the computer is in the dining room since we spend a majority of our time in this area I can jump on throughout the day and feel connected.

This is my lovely empty cake plate, I love it so much I keep it out all the time filled or not.
The not so attractive stereo cabinet along with the kids homeschool stuff, hey it works and someday we hope to build some kind of unit to house all these things together.

10 comments:

Sue said...

Cute kitchen, but how could anything top those kids!! I bet when you do have treats on that cake plate, they don't last long!!
Blessings~LillySue

P.S. Click the "LillySue" link at Kelly's and come visit my kitchen!

Angelina said...

i will still try to convince you to put your kitchen aid stand mixer on the counter by the mixer...otherwise i fear you will pull a muscle in your back from constantly lifting it to and fro. :o) Great looking kitchen though. Mine is so very cluttery compared to yours.

Gullett Circus said...

Just took it out and put it away to make bread, I need that little extra exercise and don't my counters look so much better empty? I didn't take a picture of the counter next to the fridge because that's Don's part and it's always a mess!

Sue said...

Hey there~ Thanks for visiting my kitchen! I think I got those canisters some years back at Costco. You can find similar ones here and there!
Blessings~LillySue

Laura said...

I'm so jealous! You have SO much counter space and that is so nice!! I have that same cake plate! Mine is about 14 years old...a wedding present! Visit my blog if you get a chance and see if my daughter's b'day cake would look nice under it (if it would fit!).

Ashley said...

Thank you for opening up your home.
-Ash-

Pam Bowers said...

That cake platter is dying for a triple chocolate cake to grace it. Think about it.

Let'sMakeADifference said...

I love your kitchen! Looks organized and fun to be in!

Aimee said...

I have a cake plate similar to that! I love it. It always dresses up the table when I have it out. Your kids' homeschool stuff made me grin...we homeschool too. Sometimes my kitchen has paints in it, sometimes a microscope, you just never know!

Anonymous said...

I have the same cake plate and leave it out too! I put cookies on it, donuts, cake...what ever I can find because I love it! ha.