Monday, May 25, 2009

Another hike!

Well we went hiking again this morning, it was nice quite as cool and cloudy as the last one but we still had a good time. Brock wasn't as energetic and ended up getting a piggy back ride much of the time from me. One thing that dawned on me today is that hiking was always something that I enjoyed doing with my dad and I wish that my kids would have that experience with him also. For those of you who don't know we have been estranged for almost two years. God has his hand in this situation, I love my dad and wish it were different but unless some things change we have little to no contact. I am thankful that we live in an area with decent hiking that isn't too far from home. I am thankful for the love of the outdoors my dad passed down to me and hope to pass it on to my own kids. I totally didn't start out this post planning on talking about my dad but am glad it's out of my head! I grew up wanting to be a writer and if this is as far as it goes (having my own blog) then I might as well make the most of it!







No comments: