Monday, May 23, 2011

Look, a blog post that isn't about camping =) I have been feeling quite overwhelmed lately. I think the reality of Don's limitations have really finally hit me. I have had to do pretty much all the yardwork, housework, and most of the cooking. I had to sweep the driveway of all the tree droppings, it was the first time I have ever had to do it and then it hit me, holy cow I have a lot of stuff on my shoulders. I know that Don is struggling with not being able to do a lot of things he usually does. We dont' have any idea when this injury and limitations will be cleared up if ever and it just got to me. I know adding to Don's stress was me telling him how overwhelmed I was. I am glad I told him but man it was tough. I am trying to remind myself that I don't have to do all this stuff all at once and to take it one day at a time but it's going to be tough. I am so thankful for him being home nightly and how close all of us have grown it's just hard with 20 pound limits on his left hand and no repetetive motions on that side also makes many household duties difficult. My circle of support has dimished to well not much except for Don and the kids. It's weird I am not feeling sorry for myself just kind of a weird reality of a pretty lonely existence. Hoping this phase of my life will soon pass but if it doesn't I am thankful for the people I had in my life and hoping to find that part again as time goes by. It's my blog and I'll whine if I want to =)

1 comment:

Angelina said...

I love you and miss you. If it makes you feel better I feel just as isolated up here sometimes. =/