Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our own personal carnival

Saturday was our day to evidently fry new things, haha. We have been wanting to make deep fried mozzarella sticks, which by the way turned out amazing and I don't think I will ever eat another one we don't make again. Then Don decided to try his hand at funnel cakes, I have never had them before, and will admit now in public that I didn't try cotton candy until well after Don and I were married, yes I was deprived of all things relating to carnival food as a child, sorry Mom! I only got a shot of the finished product and my lovely man in the midst of making the funnel cake deliciousness. I must add that on Sunday we made homemade ice cream and Don helped Cale make butter. I felt very pioneerish this weekend. Then yesterday we made homemade biscuits for breakfast with our homemade butter and homemade jam, yummy. Yes I am a granola!

No comments: